Wessed Up History: Week in Review 1/4
* Dec. 28, 1922: Masked baby pops out of womb. First word after fanny slap: “EXCELSIOR!” Stan Lee even had the mustache back then.
* Dec. 29, 1947: Actor Ted Danson is born. His current hair, on the other hand, was shaved from a test tube chinchilla last week.
* Dec. 30, 1957: Where in the world is Matt Lauer? Mom’s womb, packing to leave. Awkwardly enough, so’s Al Roker.
* Dec. 31, 1960: UK stops using farthing coin as legal tender because bankers claim “nearthings” are cooler.
* Jan. 1, 1908: Tradition begins when New Yorkers drop a wrecking ball on a Times Square cab driver. Squire Larry King narrates.
* Jan. 2, 1860: Parisian scientists announce discovery of planet Vulcan. Spend rest of year practicing finger-splaying salute techniques.
* Jan. 3, 1924: Explorer Howard Carter pops open an Egyptian sarcophagus to find Abe Vigoda stashed neatly inside.
What I’m Reading
Blackout by Connie Willis
What I’m Playing
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II
You Don't Know Jack
World of Warcraft
Left 4 Dead 2
What I’m Writing
No Son of Hekayt - Book I: Artifacts
Free to download in PDF format!
Coming soon: 31 Days of OtherSpace - 1 work of fiction a day during March 2011.